Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey Statement about Lawsuit

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Re: :(

Postby AdaL » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:17 pm

fluffy wrote:What is really tragic is that all the trouble her act has caused will taint folks memories of her. Jims delicate Irish flower sadly had some fatal thorns which are still pricking people today.

I have to admit that even though I feel terrible for her mental health issues and what she chose to do, the more this goes on, the more angry I feel that she's left this mess.
She's not accountable for her hideous mother but she chose to be friends with these disgusting scientologists. Depression may make you more vulnerable to predatory cults but it doesn't absolve you from responsiblity for your actions.
Last edited by AdaL on Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby AdaL » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:22 pm

Serap E. wrote:
AdaL wrote:Naw. It would've been nice but at the best of times I don't think he would've taken such a long trip for one evening but with this shit going on. .. I think the last thing he would want would be to in the public eye or facing the media.

Even the director wasn't there, only the Polish crew. I thought it would be something bigger. The worst part is i read two tweets with bad reviews. I've had high hopes on this film.

Don't worry about reviews. It's just one person's opinion. It means nothing.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby AdaL » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:33 pm

This was part of The Sun's article:

"But back in Cappawhite, opinion seems to be on his side. A family friend said yesterday: “No one can understand what Brigid is up to.

“The family here think very highly of Carrey and are certainly not ­supporting this move by Brigid.

“He did everything he could to help ease the pain and trauma of her death by helping them get her body repatriated from the US.

“They consider him a friend, not an enemy and are horrified by what Brigid is doing.”

I hope it's true but they need to make their voices heard louder if so. It's not fair just to sit back and stay out of it. He needs people to be vocal.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:35 pm

Here's a good article giving an overview into Cat's involvement with Scientology...she was basically recruited as in Ireland....and she was in it for several years before her death, so plenty of time for her to get really into it then. She also had some ex Sea Org friends ....all very dodgy....'little Irish Cat' wasn't such a sweet little kitten after all. :(

http://tonyortega.org/2015/10/09/the-scientology-ireland-connection-that-propelled-cathriona-white-to-hollywood/
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby e.k2011 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:27 pm

I was afraid that the lawyer of the fake husband might try to persuade a family member to back up the lawsuit, but I never could imagine that someone would. :(
Yes, the articles by Tony Ortega are as informative as the comments on each of them.
Cathriona's previous name before 'littleirishcat' was the worst, 'catastrophic'.
I'm sorry, but I never thought she was such an innocent party in all of this, in fact both she and her mother gave me a 'witchy' vibe.
I agree with this saying, 'show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are'. I think she had a lot in common with her scientologist friends.
If her letter is authentic, there is a mention about 'bloodbath between their lawyers'. What kind of mind is thinking like this?
Last edited by e.k2011 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e.k2011
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby fluffy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:33 pm

.......someone who was angry with a strong sense of vengence i guess....In her death, It looks as though she has managed to enforce the Scientology practice of 'fair game'. Our sweet little Cat wanted revenge, it's as simple as that. But it might have been a result of the arguement with her mother, rather than the issue with Jim which caused the meltdown. Whether she was in a fit state of mind remains to be seen.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:28 am

AdaL wrote:This was part of The Sun's article:

"But back in Cappawhite, opinion seems to be on his side. A family friend said yesterday: “No one can understand what Brigid is up to.

“The family here think very highly of Carrey and are certainly not ­supporting this move by Brigid.

“He did everything he could to help ease the pain and trauma of her death by helping them get her body repatriated from the US.

“They consider him a friend, not an enemy and are horrified by what Brigid is doing.”

I hope it's true but they need to make their voices heard louder if so. It's not fair just to sit back and stay out of it. He needs people to be vocal.

This is what I'm talking about!
The real family members of her are on his side because that's where the truth lies.

e.k2011 wrote:I was afraid that the lawyer of the fake husband might try to persuade a family member to back up the lawsuit, but I never could imagine that someone would. :(
Yes, the articles by Tony Ortega are as informative as the comments on each of them.
Cathriona's previous name before 'littleirishcat' was the worst, 'catastrophic'.
I'm sorry, but I never thought she was such an innocent party in all of this, in fact both her and her mother gave me a 'witchy' vibe.
I agree with this saying, 'show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are'. I think she had a lot in common with her scientologist friends.
If her letter is authentic, there is a mention about 'bloodbath between their lawyers'. What kind of mind is thinking like this?

That the key "family member". I don't care if you gave birth to me.... if you weren't my mom you weren't a family member.
This lawsuit would only be a huge red flag to me is Cat sisters were the ones who did it but no. The only two people involded in it are the one who were most far away from her. Give me a break.

I don't give a f*** about scientologist and frankly if that's the reason this is happen it's just a detail that doesn't matter anymore.
The fact that is happening is enough for me.
I can't wait for Jim to prove them wrong, shut their mouth and made them pay for the court expensives.
They won't ruin more than 30 years of carrer.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:36 am

EvaAraujo wrote:
I don't give a f*** about scientologist and frankly if that's the reason this is happen it's just a detail that doesn't matter anymore.

The fact that this is a Scientology thing can't really be ignored though. You're dealing with a certain kind of person and a certain prescribed set of rules and objectives.
You'd have to be a batshit scientologist to think that you could get anywhere but mocked with this ludicrous attempt at a shakedown.

And there is not a chance that this will affect his career. Most people aren't interested and the ones that are have the basic amount of gumption required to see it for what it is.
When this is over, all the fuckwits who have been absorbing and believing it will have looong since moved on to the next round of celebrity gossip and forgotten all about it.

None of these things make me less angry, however. I could snap a femur like a wishbone right now.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby sianlee » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:17 am

Private I vestigators now.... and also push to release blood test results. Gotta admit this is looking scary? Why not just publish it already you know?
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Re: Jim Carrey Statement about Lawsuit.

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:48 am

Some of my beloved fellow fans may not understand my point of view, but as Jim Carrey was such an important part of my life as a teenager, inspiration-wise and how I look at life in general, I feel the need to share it.

I'm not choosing sides on this concerning the wild stories. There are the tabloid articles, which are disgusting as always, and there's the more serious stuff that showed up, both are a different story when it comes to simply waving them away.

The simple fact is that none of us really knows what's real and what's not. We can all hope it's not and think the very best of -and for- our funnyman, whishing him the best in the coming months. And we will all have to accept the fact that possibly, we will never know everything, no matter how this turns out.

Therefore I decided to just wait and see. I also want to be clear about one thing : No matter if the sexual diseases, the messages, the fake marriage or anything else are true and / or real. I don't believe that makes a person responsible for someone else's suicide. That's my view on that.

My love for his work will never change or go away. And yes, it hurts me to read all these opinions about him in the last couple of days, the guy is my hero in a certain way. But it's already clear many -and I mean MANY- people formed their opinion about him now. Considering something as silly as the gun-thing hunted him a few years and got him a lot of hate ... I can only imagine what this will do.

We need to be realistic. It will hunt him for years, in several ways, this is damaging stuff. Those messages, true or not, ... The hate they caused. It will be hard to shake that off, for Jim. I can already hear Ricky Gervais joking nasty things about it at the Golden Globes. And that's fine, cause we all think it's funny when it's about other Hollywood people.

I am very afraid this thing will hurt his career, the way people look at him and above all ... What it will do to him personally. We can all say he's strong, confident and did nothing wrong ... But to get trough this in your own head? Difficult times will come.

I hope the best.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:58 am

The bloodtests are irrelevant (imo) cat should have taken responsibility for her own sexual health regardless of who she was sleeping with....half of Hollywood will have an STD. This is about more than that, folk don't top themselves over a dose of the clap or herpes unless there is a much bigger motive, such as revenge.....but revenge against who remains to be seen. The arguement with her mother is far more important than is being made out. Men may come and go but our parents are the foundations to our lives and a bad foundation can make us unstable and ultimately crumble.....
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:01 am

Brigid should also be aware that if she gets into 'bed' with the Scientologists they'll never leave her alone......not ever.....they'll regard her as beholded to them., for life.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:11 am

AdaL wrote:
EvaAraujo wrote:

The fact that this is a Scientology thing can't really be ignored though. You're dealing with a certain kind of person and a certain prescribed set of rules and objectives.
You'd have to be a batshit scientologist to think that you could get anywhere but mocked with this ludicrous attempt at a shakedown.

And there is not a chance that this will affect his career. Most people aren't interested and the ones that are have the basic amount of gumption required to see it for what it is.
When this is over, all the fuckwits who have been absorbing and believing it will have looong since moved on to the next round of celebrity gossip and forgotten all about it.

None of these things make me less angry, however. I could snap a femur like a wishbone right now.

I know it can't be ignore. The only issue for me is that I don't like acusing anyone without evidence. From what we are told about this scientology crap thing, it could be true they are behind it.
I admit that I'm not aware of much about scientology, or the articles and people who have talked about it, no matter if in a positive or negative way. To be honest I only hear about it when she died because she was part of it. I don't know if that guy is or not cause frankly I didn't read anywhere in the articles about this lawsuit thing that he was. Maybe I missed it out.
Anyway, for me, it doesn't matter because clearly the credibility of scientology has been damage through the last years and again, in court, is that Mark guy who's suing Jim.

One thing I've learn in my life is that when it comes to the truth, what we are told sometimes has already been changed when we get to know about. We have a saying here in Portugal that goes like this: "Any person who tells a story, always adds something more to it."
Personally I hate that but it's what happens. That's why I take everything on the press and media with a huge cup of skepticism.

Regardless... Jim will prove them wrong. And that will be fun to watch.
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:05 am

grinchy steve wrote:Some of my beloved fellow fans may not understand my point of view, but as Jim Carrey was such an important part of my life as a teenager, inspiration-wise and how I look at life in general, I feel the need to share it.

I'm not choosing sides on this concerning the wild stories. There are the tabloid articles, which are disgusting as always, and there's the more serious stuff that showed up, both are a different story when it comes to simply waving them away.

The simple fact is that none of us really knows what's real and what's not. We can all hope it's not and think the very best of -and for- our funnyman, whishing him the best in the coming months. And we will all have to accept the fact that possibly, we will never know everything, no matter how this turns out.

Therefore I decided to just wait and see. I also want to be clear about one thing : No matter if the sexual diseases, the messages, the fake marriage or anything else are true and / or real. I don't believe that makes a person responsible for someone else's suicide. That's my view on that.

My love for his work will never change or go away. And yes, it hurts me to read all these opinions about him in the last couple of days, the guy is my hero in a certain way. But it's already clear many -and I mean MANY- people formed their opinion about him now. Considering something as silly as the gun-thing hunted him a few years and got him a lot of hate ... I can only imagine what this will do.

We need to be realistic. It will hunt him for years, in several ways, this is damaging stuff. Those messages, true or not, ... The hate they caused. It will be hard to shake that off, for Jim. I can already hear Ricky Gervais joking nasty things about it at the Golden Globes. And that's fine, cause we all think it's funny when it's about other Hollywood people.

I am very afraid this thing will hurt his career, the way people look at him and above all ... What it will do to him personally. We can all say he's strong, confident and did nothing wrong ... But to get trough this in your own head? Difficult times will come.

I hope the best.

Steve, if there any place were you will find understanding, it’s here. We should (and I believe we do) respect eachothers opinions no matter what.
I was touched by what you just shared.

To be fair to myself I gotta say we would take me a book to write it all but I will try to make less boring to read. ^^
I agree with you in many ways Steve. As you said and well: “ The simple fact is that none of us really knows what's real and what's not. We can all hope it's not and think the very best of -and for- our funnyman, whishing him the best in the coming months. And we will all have to accept the fact that possibly, we will never know everything, no matter how this turns out.”

We will never know because we are fans and not part of his life. That’s a fact. And to be harshly truthfull, we will never be. That’s the nature of an artist-fan relationship (if we can even call it that).
What we have been reading lately is the combination of greed and bad in the world and we can’t help to be worried about it, worried about Jim especially.
That makes us very human.

It hurts to read it Steve but we don’t even know if Jim reads it. As busy as he is I think he may have shelted himself from that a bit. 30 + carrer years already told him that lesson.

Many have form their opinions but to again be honest with myself, I gotta say that the week after the music video Cold Dead Hand was launched was worse than this.
I read coments back then and even answered some of them myself that left me devasted.
I got frustated, irritated, angry, disgusted, I even lost faith in mankind because of all the crap I read.

The diference between that week and these weeks we have experience recently is that contrary to back them, people seem to be generaly in his side this time. People were able to see right through the lack of character that guy has.
That’s the key. That’s what makes my worry not to be at a crazy level.
I don’t know if it will make any damage to his carrer or to him personally but regardless of that, it’s time to have a bit of faith.

They won’t joke about it on Golden Globes. It will be solve by them. And even if it isn’t and considering the show will be transmited world wide…. I think the Brangelina jokes are a more probable change. ^^ And if the joke does come, we’ll take it with a smile because the joke may suck but it won’t erase the true laughter Jim has given us.

As traumatic as all of this may be, the truth is the truth. We may or may not know it but he does. He decided to fight for a reason. I don’t think we would do it without mesuring the consequences.
Jim has been in this business for enough time to have learn how to deal with everything.
This mess is bad but isn’t the worst.

Dear Steve, open your heart for faith, not religious faith. Just faith.
Remember what Jim says ”Hope walks through fire while faith leaps over it”.
Leap over it Steve. He’s surrounded by love through his daughter, grandson, family, friends and through us. Yes, we can’t do much but we are so many that he will feel it.
I believe that.

Sorry for being so long :)
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:51 am

grinchy steve wrote:Some of my beloved fellow fans may not understand my point of view, but as Jim Carrey was such an important part of my life as a teenager, inspiration-wise and how I look at life in general, I feel the need to share it.

I hope the best.

What you are reading in the tabloids is a character assassination by some deeply, deeply nasty people with an agenda. The large part of that agenda is money.
The 'more serious stuff' you speak of is nothing but a broken and troubled relationship. He did nothing to harm her. Obviously.
Nobody knows everything about anyone. Ever. But he is not a bad person and he is not responsible for her choices and her mental health. Again - obviously.

You talk of the 'many' people but that is a seriously skewed example of public opinion. Like I said in the last thread, most people are not interested, the rest see this for exactly the transparent attack and shakedown that it is and a very small minority of idiots are enjoying being whipped up by the latest media witch-hunt of a popular a-list star. The latter are gormless and led by everything they read and when this is over they would've forgotten ALL about it and moved onto the next National Enquirer exclusive. Trust me.

It will not harm or haunt him and it won't affect his work. This will pass. Morons have limited brain capacity and short memories and please don't worry about Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes..

But, anyone with a shred of humanity would worry about him. This is an absolutely DISGUSTING thing to put someone through. These people are straight from hell. I hope his family and friends are giving him all the love and support he needs right now because this is a horrendous violation and exploitation he's having to endure.
AdaL
The Majestic

PreviousNext

Return to The Speakeasy